Saturday, March 19, 2011

model magic birds

This is a project that I do with third grade- One day one of the lesson I have them mold the bird- two balls one smaller then the other pinch the small one for a beak and make the larger one like an oval and pinch for the tail. I show them how to twist the wire into to arch around the stick around the bird and how to twist the wire or pipe cleaners for the feet. I collected sticks before hand. They need to attach the bird with the feet wire ( it swings around so I hot glued them after class and it was much more secure). Then add feathers. On day 2 when the m.m. dries we painted the birds with sparkle water colors (i love those things!) This only takes about 10-15 minutes- so a mini lesson is needed. Here are some pictures. I forgot to take a picture of the finished product sorry : /.

2 comments:

  1. I like how they are on a tree! I guess that works with model magic because it's light. We make regular clay birds but make a clay nest for them. They are so heavy!

    ReplyDelete