Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Toboggans by 2nd grade

With another storm expected today in NJ and the surrounding area ...I thought this would be a fun lesson to share...

This is one of my favorite lessons and the kids love it also! I kick off the lesson by showing pictures of toboganns and by explaining what they were used for.
This is a 45 minute lesson. I pre cut The 4x6 inch sleds, a variety of flesh tone 2x2 squares for head, and a variety of jacket colors 3.5x5. I show them how to roll their toboggon using a pencil Then we us scappaer and thin sharpe for detailss. When I display it in the hall I scrunch up white bullition bord paper and staple it on cork so it looks like a mountain.






10 comments:

  1. This is a really neat way to make winter figures in action. I may want to have my students do something similar for our winter mural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! We are currently getting pounded with snow in lower MI too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the comments. Just started snowing in Jersey. Kathy let me know if you try it, I would loved to check how they came out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're the people who are SUPPOSED to have the snow, here in the Adirondacks. So where is it? Everyone's gotten big snow but us, it seems. We're supposed to get some tonight/tomorrow morning - we'll see. So far our snowfall has been minor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Phyl- usually in NJ a six incher is a nice size storm for us, but after the 2 foot blizzard we had less then two weeks ago this one was small potatoes! I am sure yours is coming winter has only just begun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the movement!!!!!! How fun! Glad you shared them with us!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just came across these and they are ADORABLE! I love how you displayed them too!
    Janelle
    http://stuckinthemudpottery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lori,

    We featured your craft/bulletin board design at our website, Bulletin Board Ideas! We made sure we linked back to your site and gave you photo credit, but we'd love for you to take a look and let us know what you think. If there's a problem, we'll be sure to take the feature down, pronto!

    Thanks so much!
    Kayla Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  10. **p.s. Sorry so late! We recently redesigned the site and noticed that a few of our articles had fallen through the cracks {i.e. we forgot to contact the original site/creator}!

    ReplyDelete