Tuesday, December 7, 2010

1st Grade Carolers



This lesson was a first for me. The kids loved it! It was two long for one 45 min period so I had to make it a 2 week lesson.

I printed the music from Musicnotes.com. I cut off most of the white so it would fit on the 9x12 black paper. The students glued the music sheet down, then cut 2 gloves from rectangles (sheets together -trace hands-fingers together-thumb out), cut out hat from a rectangle (top corners only-use scraps from hand paper to make pom pom), face cut all 4 corners of square. Week 2 was hair and making patterns on mittens and hat. We talked about how they designs should be the same on all three things. For the face they were to make to little rainbows for eyes, a backward "L" for a nose, and an oval for the mouth.

3 comments:

  1. Bookmark! These are plenty cute, and so festive. I'm going to try this next year in time for the holiday musical performance. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this project out with my second grade students. They came out adorable. Thanks for sharing!!
    You can check out the results here : http://stuckinthemudpottery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete