Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Artist Spotlight


I was inspired by Mr. E and his terrific boards to create this board. My goal was to once a month change the board with artists from our school that try their best every time and have a positive attitude. I am trying not to choose only "the good artists". I thought this was a great way to promote art in the school.
October went smoothly, I had 3 children chosen and gave them a questionnaire to fill out with their parents about their artwork... who inspires their art, what materials they like to use and so on. I announced the November artists but they have been slow to turn in their paperwork. As soon as I get the questionnaire back I will put it on the board with their photograph. At the end of the month I will give them a certificate and a sketch book I bought at the dollar store.
I am thinking I should do next months artist very soon so I will not be so behind. Speaking of being behind, I had plans to put more posts up on a regular basis -it is just not happening. I have to try to make the time. UGH!

1 comment:

  1. love the questionairre! I might do that with my art student of the month. If you don't mind! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete