Saturday, May 22, 2010

Published..well sort of!

I received a fantastic email from someone who saw my blog via the Susan Bivona. That someone was Debrah Sickler Voigt and she and her co-workers Susan Bivona, Linda Devlin, and Bonnie Rushlow are writing a book tentatively titled Teaching art for the Real World of of Elementary and Middle School Education. The Book is being publish by Allyn and Bacon, a Pearson Education imprint and is due out in 2012. In her email Susan said asked if some of the photographs from my African Necklaces lesson could be used in the book!

I announced the news to my students they were thrilled! This is a huge honor for me and my students and I am so thankful that Debbie found me!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Don't you just love art blogging?! I'm also in TN and know Debbie and Bonnie- they are going to observe me for their chapter on special needs. They are fabulous art educators and people! Wicked awesome! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps: I have you added to my blog list please add me to yours! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete