Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Drawing the Cat in the Hat with Kindergarten

Our school is celebrating Read Across America on March 2nd. For a cross curriculum project I wanted to have the Kindergartners draw The Cat in the Hat. I found this link on ehow. So I made this reference sheet for the kids to look while I do a step by step drawing lesson with them. I am also going to put some Dr. Seuss books on their tables so that they can write or draw some other Dr. Seuss type things in the background! I will make another post to show the finished product.

6 comments:

  1. Can I print and use this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I always feel uncomfortable doing directed drawings with my kindergarteners. But I know the skills in listening, following directions, tracking, and observation are all important. They will need to draw the rest of their school career for reports, etc. Who is going to teach them how if I don't?
    Tina in California

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful blog! Do you have any hints for aspiring writers?

    I'm hoping to start my own website soon but I'm a little lost on everything.
    Would you propose starting with a free platform like Wordpress
    or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I'm completely overwhelmed .. Any tips? Appreciate it!

    Feel free to visit my site Spazio-kovan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. I will be dealing with a few of these issues as well.
    .

    my blog post ... buy facebook friends

    ReplyDelete